- 5 lbs. Cold water Shrimp cooked and peeled
- 3-9″ deep pie shells
- 3 lbs. asparagus tips, blanched
- 3 cups (750 ml) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 cups (750 ml) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 15 eggs
- 3 cups (750 ml) light cream or evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. (12.5 ml) Thyme leaf
- Ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Begin by preheating the oven to 400F (200C).
- The Coldwater Shrimp should be drained well.
- Evenly spread a layer of Swiss cheese in the bottom of each pie shell. Then divide the Coldwater Shrimp and asparagus tips between the 3 pie shells, topping each with a layer of Cheddar cheese.
- Wisk eggs with cream (or evaporated milk), Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour mixture equally over each quiche. Sprinkle each with the ground nutmeg.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F (180C) and finish baking for 40 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing.